Join Francesc Salla, VisualARQ Product Manager, for a fast-paced and exciting demonstration of VisualARQ 1.9.
- Wednesday, July 8th, 2015
- 11.00 am-12.00 noon CEST
The webinar will show an overview of VisualARQ 1.9 and will focus on the latest new features and enhancements, including:
- IFC Import & Export
- IFC Tag and Export options
- New Plan View features
- New Slab object features
- New way to insert doors and windows
- New Curtain wall features.
- Create columns from 3D and 2D blocks
- Overview of VisualARQ Grasshopper Components WIP IV
Who is this webinar aimed at?
- VisualARQ users: newbies and existing users
- Rhino users working in architectural models
- Architects interested in the BIM workflow VisualARQ adds to Rhino, and the comunication with Revit through IFC file format.
The webinar is free and will last about about 1 hour, including the Q & A session.
Exchange architectural 3D models between Rhino and Revit with VisualARQ
VisualARQ 1.9 provides BIM features to Rhino, including a built-in IFC import and export plug-in, which makes it possible to exchange VisualARQ and Rhino models with other AEC software such as Revit, ArchiCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, Solibri or Tekla Bimsight using IFC 2x3 files.
Export Rhino models to IFC
- It's easy! Just Save as... and select the IFC file format type to export your model. All VisualARQ architectural objects keep their information and can be further edited in the ouput AEC software platforms.
- Tag Rhino geometry with IFC properties: assign IFC properties to Rhino geometry by object or by layer for exporting purposes. (Video)
Import IFC models into Rhino
- Just Open a new file and select the IFC file format. VisualARQ will read the architectural objects information within the IFC file generated by Revit, ArchiCAD, AutoCAD Archiecture or other AEC software.
What is IFC?
- The Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) file format is a standard way of exchanging objects in the building industry to reduce loss of information when transmitting files between different applications.
IFC import & export from Revit to Rhino and from Rhino to Revit:
In the following video, wacth the process of exporting a Revit model to IFC, importing it in Rhino with VisualARQ and exporting it back to IFC to use it in Revit:
VisualARQ 1.9 available!
VisualARQ 1.9 is now available for download. Owners of VisualARQ are encouraged to download and install VisualARQ 1.9. This is a free service release for all VisualARQ users.
What's new in VisualARQ 1.9?
This version brings an important number of new features and enhancements, specially regarding the IFC Import&Export. You can see the main ones in the following list:
- IFC Import (Video)
- IFC tag (Video)
- Multilayer slabs (Video)
- Columns can be created from blocks for the 2D/3D representation (Video)
- Option to insert openings in Curtain walls
- Curtain walls with curved panels
- Added a control point to lean curtain walls
- Tag orientation (Video)
- Added view depth to Plan views
See the complete list of VisualARQ 1.9 in What’s new.
Watch the videos of some of the three main new features:
- If you are a VisualARQ user, download VisualARQ 1.9
- If you are an evaluation user, download the new Evaluation version to test the new features.